Full Privacy Notice for Every Run Counts and 80 Days Global (both operated by Every Run Counts Ltd)
At Every Run Counts, we value your trust when sharing your personal data with us and recognise that you may be concerned about the information provided to us and about how we handle that information.
If you are reading this Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice") it is because you may have visited our Website, a Mobile App or any other place within any Social Media (all of them referred to hereinafter as Sites) operated by us.
This Privacy Notice sets out (in full transparency and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, especially the General Data Protection Regulation -Regulation (EU) 2016/679- "GDPR UK"), the basis on which we process your Personal Data ("Personal Data") when you access our Site or contact us.
Who we are
We are Every Run Counts Ltd and we are a company registered in the UK, with company number 13721428. Our registered office is at 203 London Road, Hadleigh, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 2RD.
What Personal Data do we collect from you?
The type of information and Personal Data that we collect about you when you visit our Site or interact with us may include the following:
- Personal details provided by you - such as your name, email address and other contact details, such as your telephone number, your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data we receive if we communicate with you via email, online or via social media, and any other information you provide - for example, when you register with our Site, sign up for our newsletters, participate in our offers and promotions, provide customer feedback, reply to surveys or purchase our products or services.
- Account login information - including any information that is required for you to establish a user account, such as user name, and password.
- Information collected automatically - including information about your computer, IP address, and browser, that we may collect, for example, when we use in our Site our own cookies or cookies owned by 3rd parties, web beacons and similar technologies that collect information about your use of our Site or about your interaction with us by emails.
Why do we collect Personal Data?
If you register on our website, we will ask you to provide us with information about yourself, including your name, username, postal and email addresses. We'll also ask you to confirm you are over the age of 13 (you can't sign up if you are under 13 years of age).
We might also collect information about the device, its IP address, operating system, browser and settings, etc. you use to access our website.
We'll use this information we get from you, when appropriate:
- To manage your account
- To send any prizes you win in our games
- To keep you up to date with our news by email or post
- To update you on forthcoming events and activities
- To answer any enquiries you make
- To personalise your experience on our website
- To detect, prevent and identify fraud.
How long do we retain your Personal Data?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to satisfy the purpose for which it was provided by you or collected by us (for example, for the time necessary for us to answer queries or resolve problems).
We may therefore retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the Personal Data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we destroy or it in a secure manner. We may, instead of destroying or erasing your Personal Data, make it anonymous so that it cannot be associated with or tracked back to you. In certain cases, we may have legal or regulatory obligations that require us to retain specific records for a set period of time.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
What rights do you have regarding the Personal Data we hold about you?
You have the following rights:
- To obtain a copy of your Personal Data together with information about how and on what basis that Personal Data is processed called a Subject Access Request.
- To rectify inaccurate Personal Data (including the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed).
- To erase your Personal Data in limited circumstances.
- To restrict processing of your Personal Data where:
- the accuracy of the Personal Data is contested.
- the processing is unlawful, but you object to the erasure of the Personal Data.
- we no longer require the Personal Data for the purposes for which it was collected, but it is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
- you challenge the processing which is justified on the basis of a legitimate interest.
- To object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
- To receive a portable copy of your Personal Data, or to have a copy transferred to a third party controller where technically feasible and this does not involve unreasonable costs.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information.
- Withdrawing of consent
Who might we share your Personal Data with?
We may share your Personal Data with:
- Service Providers and Processors. We may engage third party vendors, agents, service providers, and affiliated entities to provide services to us on our behalf, such as support for the internal operations of our websites, Mobile Apps or online stores (including social media services providers, payment processors, brand activation agencies, data analytics providers and third parties we use for sending your orders to your home address, such as postal courier vendors) or for the technical processing (for example, hosting services or data storage) or for customer relationship management services, as well as related offline product or promotional support services, (for example, competitions, and contests organizers, winner draws providers, events management agencies, prize or compensation packages vendors) and, other related services.
- Partners. We may sometimes offer you a service or application in co-operation with partners (for example, co-sponsors or licensors, licensees or distributors of our branded products). We may therefore need to disclose your Personal Data to those partners. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your Personal Data and only process it in accordance with our instructions or as co-controllers. In those cases in which the disclosure of your Personal Data with third partners takes place based on your consent or your request to do so, where relevant, we will clearly notify you of the sharing, and you will have the choice not to participate or to otherwise object to such sharing.
How do we ensure the security of your Personal Data?
We use a variety of physical, technical and administrative security standards, technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage to an appropriate level depending on the sensitivity of the information.
We take steps to limit access to your Personal Data to those persons who need to have access to it for one of the purposes listed in this Privacy Notice. Furthermore, we contractually ensure that any third party processing your Personal Data equally provide for confidentiality and integrity of your data in a secure way.
How do we process Children's Personal Data?
In general terms, our Site is not intended to Children under 13 years old, as we take the protection of children's privacy seriously. If we determine upon collection of data that a user is under 13 years of age, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Data without the parent/guardian's consent. Without such consent, though, the child may not be able to participate in certain activities. However, in certain circumstances, we may maintain and use such information (in accordance with the rest of this Notice and applicable law) in order to notify and obtain consent from the parent/guardian and for certain safety, security, liability and other purposes permitted under applicable law. A parent/ guardian can review, remove, change or refuse further collection or use of their child's Personal Data by contacting our Data Protection Officer (please see contact details below), including child's name, address and e-mail address.
Every Run Counts 's Data Protection Officer
Every Run Counts has a Data Protection Manager ("DPM") who is responsible for the compliance with data protection law. You may contact Every Run Counts 's Data Protection Manager or their office securely and confidentiality at any time if you have questions, general concerns about the processing of your Personal Data, or any data protection issue.
Do we make updates to this policy?
Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
How can you contact us about this notice?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our Data Protection Manager (DPM), Simon Hinks, by email at email@example.com
If you feel your issue has not been resolved satisfactorily you can contact the regulator , the ICO. Their details are Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Updated 27th September 2023